1 cup Gills’ diced yellow onions
1 large San Francisco sourdough bowl
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 bag spinach
1 cup whipped cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan to a medium-low heat and add oil.
- Sauté onion until translucent and a bit of color has formed.
- Dice garlic and stir into onions. Sauté for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add spinach and cook down until spinach is wilted.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to the refrigerator and let cool overnight.
- Hollow out the majority of the bread bowl, leaving the walls in tact to form a nice bowl shape. Fill the bowl with spinach dip and serve with sourdough cubes made from the discarded bread.
The best creamy dip and appetizer for parties or special occasion. Quick and easy to make with only a few ingredients!