1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup onion chopped
1 pound boneless rib eye steak sliced or coarsely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
6 slices provolone cheese
12 egg roll wrappers
1 quart oil for frying
Butter Milk Dressing
- Melt half of the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the other half of the butter and add the rib eye to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
- Place the peppers and onions back into the pan with the steak.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper and place 1/2 of a slice of cheese in the center.
- Spoon approximately 2-3 tablespoons of steak filling onto each egg roll wrapper and fold according to package directions, using water to seal the edges of the wrappers as you go.
- Pour 2-3 inches of oil into a deep pan. Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry 3-4 egg rolls at a time, turning occasionally, until browned all over, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve with dipping sauce of your choice.