8 oz chicken thigh chopped into ¼-inch cuts
1 oz fresh mint
1 oz fresh cilantro
1 oz Thai basil
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 ea lime
1 ea Gills Red Onion, sliced
1 pack butter lettuce
1 sprig green scallion
1 tsp red chili flakes
Fried Crispy Red Onions:
16 oz avocado oil or vegetable oil
1/2 ea Gills red onion, sliced
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped chicken. Cook, and stir until the chicken is broken into little pieces, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the red onions and scallions.
4. Continue to cook, breaking up the chicken until browned, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the cilantro, mint, lemon grass, fish sauce and red chili flakes.
6. Cook and stir until the flavors blend, about 3 minutes more.
7. Season with sea salt.
Place a spoonful of the Chicken Larb on top of the butter lettuce, and then put the fresh herbs and Fried Crispy Red Onions on top.