Classic Lasagna featuring Gills Diced Celery and Onions
1 (6oz) container Gills' diced celery and onion blend
½ lb Italian turkey sausage
1 jar tomato marinara sauce
1 package lasagna pasta
½ cup olive oil
1½ cups fresh ricotta
1 bunch spinach
1 bag shredded mozzarella
½ cup shredded parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by making your meat sauce or Bolognese. Using a small stock pot, heat olive oil to a medium high heat. Add turkey sausage - if cased remove the casing. Sear sausage until fully cooked and remove from the pot.
- Add diced celery and onions to the pot and cook until translucent. Use this opportunity to clean the pan with a wooden spatula. Once cooked through add a jar of your favorite tomato marina along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Next bring a pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Let cook briefly, just until they are al dente. Cool down and coat with some olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Next gather a deep casserole dish and grease well. Place a spoon full of sauce at the base. Repeat layering of pasta, sauce, ricotta and spinach into the casserole dish in this order until dish is completely full. Finish the top of the lasagna with fresh mozzarella and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Bake lasagna for 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbling, let cool 5 minutes, top with parmesan and serve!