Sweet Corn Bread Thanksgiving Stuffing
1 (19 oz) Gills' holiday sized diced celery and onion
3 boxes Jiffy corn bread mix
1 cup olive oil
2-3 large carrots
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup fresh thyme
2 cups chicken or turkey stock
1 tbsp salt
½ tbsp pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Jiffy cornbread mix according to instructions. Let cool.
- Crumble cornbread into large chunks in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice carrots and garlic.
- Remove thyme leaves from the stems.
- Add a quarter cup of olive oil to a large sauté pan and bring to a medium-high heat.
- Sauté celery, onions, carrots and garlic for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from heat to let cool, add to the bowl of cornbread.
- Add fresh thyme, salt and pepper to the bowl. Crack eggs into the bowl and mix by hand until cornbread soaks up all the egg.
- Lightly press mixture into a greased casserole dish. Pour chicken stock over the stuffing. Bake stuffing for 45 minutes or until fluffy and firm.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy!