Our Gills Onions retail products are designed to save you time and work in the kitchen. That’s why we are so excited to announce a new addition to our product line: Mirepoix.
Mirepoix is an aromatic mix of onions, carrots, and celery. Any great chef knows that Mirepoix is the base for hundreds of delicious recipes, and now home chefs like you can reap the benefits, too, without all the prep work.
How Do I Use Mirepoix?
Mirepoix is one of the most versatile and essential vegetable blends. It’s a third onion, a third celery, and a third carrot. It can be added to or serve as a base for sauces, soups, and marinades. It makes a killer roux. It can accompany braised meats. You can toss it in a slow cooker or pressure cooker for added flavor to just about anything you’re whipping up. Oh, and it’s really tasty in casseroles.
So, why don’t more people use Mirepoix in their everyday cooking? Because it is a pain to prepare. That barrier goes away with our pre-diced, pre-mixed Mirepoix blend.
Here are a few fun recipes that call for Mirepoix to get your creative juices flowing:
- Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie
- Sweet Potato Split Pea Corn Chowder
- Moroccan Harissa Burger
- Bolognese Sauce
- Ultimate Chicken Noodle Soup
- Striped Bass with Mirepoix
- Quinoa Pilaf with Mirepoix
- Port-Braised Short Ribs
Less Chopping, More Enjoying
During the pandemic, so many people found their passion for cooking delicious meals at home. The only thing that makes fresh, home cooked food even better is when your vegetables are prepped and ready to go. Spend less time chopping, dicing, and slicing and more time enjoying food with the ones you love.
Oh, and don’t forget that eliminating the need to chop up all those vegetables also eliminates the chance of knife injuries in your kitchen. Definitely an added bonus.
Find Gills Onions Products in Your Local Store
While you’re grabbing some delicious Mirepoix off the shelf, check out our other fabulous retail products (all now with new resealable film!):
- Diced Yellow Onions – Use to spice up any recipe that calls for chopped or diced onions.
- Diced Red Onions – Add something extra to soups, chilis, and sauces, or use as a colorful condiment.
- Diced Celery and Onions – The perfect blend for potato salads, tuna salads, and holiday stuffings and casseroles.
- Diced Pickled Onions — A tasty, tangy addition to salads, burgers, sandwiches, and cooked dishes.
So, get out there, and take our new Mirepoix (and maybe a few more tasty pre-prepped products from above) for a test drive. We can’t wait to hear what you think!
Ready to try onions grown “The Gills Way”? Contact our sales department to learn more.