Serves 6 – 8
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup diced Gills White Onions
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1. Heat a heavy-bottom pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the butter and onions, stirring to melt the butter and coat the onions.
3. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the onions, and quickly stir to combine. Cook until the paste begins to brown slightly.
5. Add the milk, and stir until it begins to simmer and thicken. Turn off the heat.
6. Add the cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and stir to melt the cheese. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Pour the entire mixture into a blender, and blend until it’s completely smooth.
8. Pour the mixture into an iSi gun (only to the fill line), and replace the siphon head, making sure all components are properly tightened.
9. Inject the mixture with 2 cartridges of N2O gas, and shake the can vigorously for 30 seconds.
10. Pipe the foamed beer cheese over soft pretzels, crudités, warm bread… let your imagination run wild!