1 cup Gills’ slivered yellow onions
4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan to a medium-low heat.
- Peel potatoes, slice into very thin rounds, and add to a medium bowl.
- Add onions, olive oil, and salt and pepper to the bowl and mix by hand until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place the contents of the bowl into the sauté pan and press ingredients flat. Cover with foil and let cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Flip the potatoes as best you can and cook the other side for 20 more minutes.
- Finish by turning up the heat and browning them to a golden brown before serving.