2 cups diced Gills’ celery and onion blend
Turkey, well-trimmed, skin, etc.
3 sprigs of parsley
8-10 cups water
1 tbsp dried basil
½ tsp salt
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups shelled peas
¾ cup rice
1 cup stuffing
salt and pepper to taste
- Place turkey bones, skin, Gills’ celery and onions, parsley, water, peppercorns, and salt in large soup kettle.
- Simmer covered for 2 hours and let cool.
- Remove fat from top, strain, discard bone then return stock to kettle.
- Dice turkey into large pieces.
- Add mushrooms, peas, rice, turkey back to the stock.
- Simmer 30 minutes, covered, over low heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 10 minutes before serving, add leftover stuffing, cut into cubes.