1 cup Gills’ diced celery and onion blend
2 tbsp olive oil
1lb beef chuck cubes
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp sugar
2 cups beef stock
1 (10oz) can crushed tomato
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans
2 tbsp Worcestershire
salt and pepper to taste
- Begin this recipe by heating a large stockpot to a medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Pan sear the beef cubes until golden brown on all sides, remove from pan. This will be much easier if you only sear 4-5 cubes at a time.
- Once all meat has been caramelized and removed, add onion and celery to the pan and reduce heat.
- Sauté the onion and celery until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, paprika and sugar and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover for 3 hours stirring occasionally. Once meat is fork tender and falling apart, serve and enjoy!