¾ cup Besan (chickpea flour)
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Ground cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 Jalapeño pepper, minced
½ cup warm water
2-3 each Onions, sliced finely
Cilantro, coarsely cut as needed
Besan (chickpea flour) as needed
Oil, for frying as needed
- Combine all ingredients for the batter in a food processor and mix to form a smooth batter. If the dough is too stiff, add more water as needed. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Combine the onions and cilantro; dust with chickpea flour, then mix with batter until evenly coated.
- Spoon the onion mixture, in 2 Tbsp portions, into 375ºF oil.
- Deep-fry until crispy and golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain on a wire rack.
- Serve with chutney of your choice.