1 cup Gills’ diced yellow onions
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 can cannellini beans
1 tsp dried herbs de Provence
1 bunch baby asparagus
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 pints vegetable stock
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all vegetables by washing and cleaning them thoroughly.
- Slice asparagus tips off and then slice stalks into rounds.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot on medium-low heat.
- Add pre-diced Gills’ onions and sauté for 20 minutes until caramelized.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté.
- Add dried herbs, cherry tomatoes, beans, asparagus tips and rounds, vegetable stock and vinegar to pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Once simmering, add salt and pepper to taste, and allow to simmer until cherry tomatoes are thoroughly cooked and have created a red broth.