In the month of May, 2023, Gills Onions will match all donations up to $15,000 for every dollar donated to Students for Eco-Education and Agriculture (SEEAG) as part of SEEAG’s third annual Double Your Impact Challenge.
“The generosity of our friends at Gill’s Onions means SEEAG will receive as much as $30,000 to support our Youth Wellness Initiative in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties,” says Mary Maranville, SEEAG’s founder and CEO. “Our mission is to educate, inspire, and empower students to become their own healthy heroes. Our interactive presentations are designed for students in our local community to learn about the important role fruits and vegetables grown locally play in their health and well-being.”
A Mission to Teach and Share
Gills Onions is a long-time supporter of SEEAG’s agricultural education programming that has reached more than 100,000 elementary school students since its founding in 2008. All SEEAG programs are provided free to schools and students.
“Teaching students about how food is grown and the benefits of eating locally-produced fruits and vegetables is one way to improve the health of our kids,” says Steve Gill, Gills Onions president and SEEAG board member. “Once kids learn about the farming and harvesting process and the benefits of fresh produce, they get excited about eating a more healthy diet.”
How You Can Help
All “Gills Onions Double Your Impact Challenge” matching donations go toward student learning:
Double Giving Levels:
- $25 doubles to $50 – Purchases taste testing & demonstration produce for one Farm Fresh Mobile Classroom presentation
- $50 doubles to $100 – Provides resources for the Farm Fresh wellness bags, including fresh produce, nutrition resources, the Farm Fresh Passport, and more for one class
- $100 doubles to $200 – Gases up a Farm Fresh Mobile Classroom Van for a week of presentations across Santa Barbara or Ventura Counties
- $250 doubles to $500 – Purchases new education and marketing supplies for the Youth Wellness Initiative Programs
- $500 doubles to $1,000 – Pays to design and place the first order of new reusable Farm Fresh wellness bags
- $1,000 doubles to $2,000 – Program support. Places your logo on the Farm Fresh wellness bags for the upcoming school year
- $2,000 doubles to $4,000 – Purchases Healthy Hero t-shirts for participating students for a year, with your logo prominently placed on the back
- $3,000 doubles to $6,000 – Program support. Places your logo on the side of the Farm Fresh Mobile Classroom Van in your county of choice
- $5,000 doubles to $10,000 – Program support. Places your logo on the back of the Farm Fresh Mobile Classroom Van in your county of choice
For more information or to donate, visit www.seeag.org/doubleyourimpact.
Ready to try onions grown “The Gills Way”? Contact our sales department to learn more.